Monday 4 January 2021

Anatomy Of The New Man: Unbreakable



I once shared a post titled, ""I Can Do All Things..." (1); The Low". If you haven't read the post I will advise you do. I will start from something I wrote in that post.


"I know how to be brought low, and I know how to abound." (Phil 4:12).


Let me paraphrase that verse, "I know how to survive when I am brought low. I have a supernatural strength that allows me strive no matter how low I am brought. Bring me to the depth of humiliation, inflict on me the greatest affliction, and I will not snap, neither will I be broken. There is no situation I go through in life that I cannot survive, for I am strong in Christ". This is Paul speaking after he has caught the revelation of who he is in Christ.


The new man in Christ is unbreakable. Like gold, when he pass through fire it can only make him shine the more. He cannot bend, his faith is unshakable. He doesn't know how to have doubts, for the very constituent of his stature is faith. When you look at the book of Acts you can't help but notice how everything the devil use to try and stop the Apostles from spreading the gospel only push them further in spreading the gospel.


They were threatened yet they went out into the streets. They were flogged, yet they rejoice over it. They were hurted down, yet they spread and the gospel and reached more people. They were killed, yet their testimony caused many to flock into the kingdom. These were unstoppable and unbreakable. Paul listed all the hardship he went through. 


"I have worked harder, been put in prison more often, been whipped times without number, and faced death again and again. Five different times the Jewish leaders gave me thirty-nine lashes. Three times I was beaten with rods. Once I was stoned. Three times I was shipwrecked. Once I spent a whole night and a day adrift at sea. I have traveled on many long journeys. I have faced danger from rivers and from robbers. I have faced danger from my own people, the Jews, as well as from the Gentiles. I have faced danger in the cities, in the deserts, and on the seas. And I have faced danger from men who claim to be believers but are not. I have worked hard and long, enduring many sleepless nights. I have been hungry and thirsty and have often gone without food. I have shivered in the cold, without enough clothing to keep me warm." (2Cor 11:23-27).


Yet, none of these slow him down. These are examples of men who had manifest their new man in Christ. We must all come into oneness with who we are in Christ and experience this greatness. Stop holding on the the old man and his irritating habit of complaining, nagging, fussing about, withdrawing into self-pity, and all feeling sorry for himself. You are strong, you are unbreakable, you are indestructible. You will pass through the fire and come out glorious. 



"For by that one offering he forever made perfect those who are being made holy." (Heb 10:14).


You are not half-baked, you are complete, perfected forever. Yes, you are too perfect to crack. The only uncreated thing is the Godhead. Now, just as God made Eve out of the side of Adam, God has made you out of the side of Christ. You are made out of a material that is uncreated — a material that is far superior to any created thing. How then can a created thing break you? Oh, think about it. How can you be broken by that which came after — which was merely created? You came from eternity before time and you will continue after time, moving from eternity to eternity. 


There is nothing in time that can break you. Time will come and go but you will remain standing. Every situation you are currently experiencing will come and go but you will remain here. Why are you afraid of that which has not yet happen as if it can break you? When you realize how unbreakable you are then you will fear nothing. Too much money cannot break you, neither will too much poverty. Too much power cannot corrupt you, neither will a complete lack of power. You have nothing to fear or worry about. 


No humiliation or shame can diminish the glory that you have in Christ. Jesus faced worse. He was humiliated by mere mortals that he created. They spat at him, mock him, and abase this glorious king. But none of that affect the glory he has in God. Till today he is still the glorious king. This glory that we have in Christ can never be diminished. We are set above all, sitting in the far heaven, supreme over every created thing. We are untouchable. 


Whatever victory that it seems the devil is getting over us, it's all an illusion. It is not real. We are forever glorious, we cannot be touched. All we do is rise and rise more glorious. Even when it seems we are breaking, in actuality we are only rising — breaking forth in glory that was once hidden. Yes, all that the hardship could do to us is help those glory that was hidden to break forth. It is bringing out hidden dimensions of the glory of God in us. So rejoice, for you are moving from glory to glory, unstoppable. 


No comments:

Post a Comment